If you’ve waited eagerly for the latest version of operating system in Apple I mean, macOS Catalina. Then your wait is over because Apple has recently released developer version of macOS Catalina. If you want to install macos catalina on mac Book Pro and Air. If you want to wait for public beta version of macOS Catalina then it’s coming in July. If you don’t have passion to wait then it’s the best place you’ve come through.
A good news is that In this version you must have membership in Apple’s Developer Program. Which, gives you access to the latest operating system for IOS, MacOS, WatchOS, and TVOS, developer tools, advanced capabilities in certain apps. But the bad news is that you’ve to pay 100$ for the account.
I’ve covered two extra two steps in order to not lose your data and downloading files. here, I’ve shown how to make a safe backup of your Mac that you can go back to if you have any problems, as well as how to download the macOS Catalina beta and then how to install it with two different options depending on your setup.
How to Back-up your macOS?
Before, installing the new version of your Mac’s operating system or upgrading to the latest version I recommend that you should have your computers back-up. So, if something goes wrong you could switch to the previous version.
1. First, Go to Spotlight search so that it makes you feel at home for your search result. The shortcut for spotlight search is command+space. Once spotlight search tab popped-up type time machine or back-up.
How to Download the macOS Catalina Beta
As, above its mentioned that Apple has made this version for developers. if you want to get access to all of the developer betas for a year you’ve to pay 99$. This includes macOS 10.15, iOS 13, tvOS and watchOS. Here’s how to download the developer version of macOS Catalina Beta.
- you’ve to Go to the Apple Developer Website.
- Click on Develop and then on Downloads.
- Now, Sign in with your Apple ID that is connected with your MacBook.
- Scroll down until you see the macOS 10.15 beta 1 listing.
- Click on Download.
How to Install macOS Catalina on mac?
Once downloading will complete. You have to click on the Download button. There is install DMG file. Therefore, you have to open it.
Step 1: Open the package in the Finder
At this stage macOS developer, Beta Access Utility will open up. Therefore, you have click on it to install.
Step 2: Install macOS Developer Beta Access Utility
now the installation wizard will appear. Therefore, you have to follow the wizard carefully and install macOS Catalina.
However, I will show you the complete process that you may not face any problem in between.
1. The first page is a welcome page. It is the introduction page. Therefore, you will be guided through the steps necessary to install macOS. Therefore you have to click on Continue.
2. Further, you will forward to license page. There are complete details about Software License Agreement. Therefore, if you want to install it on your Laptop. Then you must agree with the license. Therefore, you have to click on Continue. Further, click on Agree.
3. Now you have to click on Install on installation type. Moreover, you have to enter Touch ID or enter your password to allow macOS Catalina to install.
4. Once the installation will complete. You have to close the installation wizard Utility.
Step 3: Upgrade macOS Page
It is time to upgrade your operating system. Therefore, you have to follow the steps below to complete the installation process.
1. You have to click on the apple logo on the top menu bar.
2. There are an option System Preferences. Therefore, you have to Click on it.
3. In System Preferences. You have to find out Software Update. Therefore, you have to Click on it.
4. Now you will see an upgrade for macOS 10.15 Beta. Therefore, you have to click on Upgrade Now.
5. Next to installation page will appear. Therefore, you have to click on Continue.
6. Further, to continue installing the software, you must agree to the terms of the software license agreement. Therefore, you have to click on Agree.
7. Finally, you have to click on Install.
8. Click on continueif it asks about the apps which will not run on macOS 10.15.
9. In order to continue installation macOS 10.15 Catalina beta. You need to log in as an administrator. Therefore, you have to Log in as an administrator. For that, you have to use Touch ID or enter your password to allow the installation to continue.
Step 4: Wait for Installation to be completed
Now you have to wait for the installation to complete. It takes some time. Therefore, be patient and let the installation should complete. Once installation completes. Then you have to click on Restart.
Step 5: Ready to use macOS Catalina
Congratulation. You have successfully installed macOS Catalina on your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Further, you can check all the new feature of macOS Catalina. Therefore, what you are waiting for. Just dive into macOS Catalina and find out what is new in the operating system and enjoy.
Conclusion: Now, you’ve backed up your data including downloading the DMG files of macOS Catalina beta developer version and learned the installation process. If you confront any problem alongside how to install macos catalina on mac or downloading files you can comment down below in the comment box. If you feel that it’s a good piece then you can share on your social panel with your friends.